The LUNA silicone facial cleansing massager is so gentle to your skin that the manufacturer, Swedish brand FOREO, says it can be used even up to twice a day, and to decide based on your skin personal needs. But how often should you use FOREO LUNA?
But actual usage will depend on your skin needs. Test and see what works best for you. Some rule of thumb:
- If your skin is sensitive it is better not push too hard with cleansing. Max once a day or just several times a week should be enough for you.
- If you have oily skin you might want to use it twice a day because you will need to cleanse the dirt and oil accumulated during the day and night. After some time your skin should be moisturized enough and less cleansing would be needed.
p.s. What helped me against oily skin was learning that I need to keep it hydrated with oil cleansers and moisturizers (water and gel-based ones) and then the body does not produce as much serum on its own as it gets the
- If you have normal skin – once a day is more than enough, and most normal skin types use it up to 3 times a week.
- If you have dry skin – similar to sensitive skin, a couple of times a week or up to once a day. And always moisturize right after.
- If you wear a lot of make up, definitely cleanse deeply with a LUNA every time you take the make up off and in the evening before bed
- If you have acne – up to two times a day. But do check with your dermatologist because there can be different stages of acne and for some it might not be advisable to use cleansing brushes. I would say better first using FOREO ESPADA blue-light acne treatment device to eliminate acne and maintain a regular cleansing routine once a day.
As some of my close friends own a LUNA device as well, I have seen that each of us has a different routine and amount of time they use it daily or weekly. Some don’t even use it more than 1-2 times a week. And that is perfectly fine if they see they don’t have the need to and just need occasional “maintenance”.
In any case the FOREO LUNA device is a great investment to make for your skin’s health. There’s even different LUNA 3 version by skin type available. Find out more about different FOREO devices I reviewed on my blog.
Since Clarisonic is going out of business, of course for evident reasons of LUNA brushes being a much better solution, FOREO has a special offer for anyone jumping the fence. If you decided to make the switch to a LUNA before you run out of replacement brushes or the Clarisonic fails on you, you might be interested in the special deal, a $39 credit coupon for the FOREO LUNA purchase.
* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I might get a small affiliate commission if you buy through some of my links. This is to support for me to continue providing these thorough reviews to you in the future from any new products they release, so you get the info before you make your buying decision.